RHB Hero card and Pin
$9.95 + Shipping & Tax
1. What is www.rhbhero.com? On this site, you will be able to post a text or a Youtube link about a hero in 3rd gear. If you want to know more about Real Human Being and the gears, please see this example.
2. Why do you call it RHB Hero? Because heroism is all about 3rd gear. People do what they do because it is the right thing to do and not for an external reward (like a medal.)
3. If they are heroes, why do they need a reward? They don’t. But the job of RHBs like you is to always make sure you give a thank-you wave to others. This is the site where you can says thanks to someone in 3rd gear. Heroes don’t need a reward, but doing the right thing can be lonely and exhausting. A nice thank-you wave keeps them inspired to keep doing the right thing.
4. Where did the idea come from? People have told me how they gave away their RHB magnetic pins to someone special in their lives. E.g. One RHB works in a retirement home and gave her pin to an elderly lady who was always smiling and helping other people and who always tried to do the right thing. Apparently this lady started crying when she got her pin and said it would be her most prized possession. So I thought I would create a process where people can name someone as a RHBHero, pay for a card and pin to be sent to them and then create a testimonial online.
5. Do you have examples of heroes? Think of a good guy or an amazing woman who did something in 3rd gear. They went beyond what they were (2nd gear) paid for. They didn’t have to do something, but they did it anyway…because that is their nature.
- Your teacher who spoke up against bullying
- Your boss who mentored you when you were struggling
- Your mechanic who told you that the $1500 estimate to repair your car engine was really just a $30 fix.
- Your child who saved up her allowance to help other kids who had no school lunches.
- Your realtor who has the 4 elements of a RHB (knowledge, reliability, personality and who gives back in 3rd gear – no strings attached)
- A celebrity who speaks out against racism and homophobia
- Your friend who never seems to ask for anything but always offers a shoulder to listen
- Your dad* who, when his father abandoned the family, quit high school and joined the military. He sent back most of his pay to support his mother and 6 brothers and sisters. (*my own hero)
6. How does it work? Please write a testimonial (or include a link to a Youtube video) telling the world all about your hero. Once your payment has been processed, we send them a hero-card and RHB and give them a special code so they can view your "thank-you wave."
We will need their full name and mailing address so we can send them the hero card and a RHB pin.
7. What happens then? Their card will be mailed to them with a special code; they can go to www.rhbhero.com and enter their code to see the “thank-you wave” you gave them.
8. Will there be Quality Assurance? Yes, your hero has a choice of whether they feel comfortable with their wave. We imagine most people will be honored but we will always be giving them the option to request removal of anything they find inappropriate or embarrassing.
10. Can I get my own code? If someone ever sends you your own wave, your RHB code will be in the card. Wouldn’t it be a nice thing to have your own code in the future? This way, any of your friends or clients can post something when they think you acted in 3rd gear.
11. What if I have more questions? Please send an email to email@example.com